Home of Champions
Badin High School has an excellent athletic program that competes in the Greater Catholic League co-ed division, one of the premier athletic leagues in the state of Ohio.
Joining Badin in the GCL Central Division are McNicholas, Purcell Marian and Roger Bacon. In the GCL North Division are Dayton Carroll, Dayton Chaminade-Julienne, Kettering Alter, and Middletown Fenwick. Members of the GCL South Division, which Badin frequently competes against, are the all-boys schools Elder, LaSalle, Moeller and St. Xavier.
The GCL girls co-ed divisions are similarly aligned in the Central and North, with the following all-girls schools in the South Division, which Badin frequently competes against: McAuley, Mother of Mercy, Mount Notre Dame, Seton, St. Ursula and Ursuline Academy
Badin's outstanding athletic legacy includes:
- The 2014 Division III Ohio Girls Soccer State championship
- The 2013 Division III Ohio Girls Soccer State championship
- The 2005 Division II Ohio Girls Soccer State championship
- The 1998 Division II Ohio Girls Basketball State championship
- The 1996 Division II Ohio Baseball State championship
- The 1991 Division III Ohio Baseball State championship
- The 1990 Division III Ohio Football State championship
- The 1988 Division III Ohio Boys Basketball State championship.
In addition to the team championships above, Badin is proud of the following individual state champions
- Jim Urso ‘70 captured the state golf championship in 1969
- Chris Rigling ‘81 won an individual state championship in swimming in 1981, capturing the 100-yard breaststroke
- The girls tennis doubles team of Nancy Wiegand ’01 and Kylee Wiegand ’04 won the Division II state championship in 2000
- The girls tennis doubles team of Kylee Wiegand ’04 and Jessica Flannery ’06 won the Division II state championship in 2003
- Luke Paxton ‘21 brought home a first place win in the 2020 Div II State Swimming Championship in 200 freestyle with a time of 1:39.16